Saturday, September 21, 2013

He Knows Your Heart

I learned a cool fact from watching the documentary “I AM” (one I HIGHLY recommend). The diastole (the pause in-between heartbeats) as shown in an EKG (electrocardiogram) reveals A LOT of information, even to the point of conveying what kind of emotional state we are in! (See pic).

This fact reminded me of the Psalm where David sang: “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:1-4, 13-19).

How wonderful it is that God knows us better than we know ourselves! That He understands us; our deepest thoughts, emotions, and feelings on a level that we don’t even understand! I just thought that was so cool to know that even in the pauses in-between my heart-beats, God knows what I am feeling and thinking—how awesome is that! :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment